Arcade project: update

Last night I ordered all the control panel components which prompted a call from my bank's fraud prevention department :) Today, I decided to remove a few unnecessary things from the cabinet while I wait for my orders to arrive. First to go was the original control panel.



I removed the original control panel art so I can make something similar for the new control panel. Don't ask about the bit of nail polish on my toe there...



Then, I removed the large piece of wood that used to have the game boards mounted to it. With it gone, there's a lot more room in there for a computer now.



Finally, I removed almost all of the old wiring...and ordered some Italian food.



Here's what the cabinet looks like now with everything removed.





Now it's all ready for its new innards. I'll post some pics of the control panel goodies when they arrive.